Occupational Health and Safety Training
Occupational health and safety (OHS) in the workplace requires an effective management system which is consistent with OHS legislative requirements throughout Australia.
To implement effective occupational health and safety management, managers, supervising personnel and employees require a range of OHS system-focused competencies based on practices, procedures and systems that are similar in all workplaces.
OHS ‘system-focused’ units of competency need to address the range of skills and knowledge required within every workplace to:
- establish, implement and monitor an OHS system;
- address OHS legislation, regulations and codes of practice;
- fulfil the duty of care for those in the workplace;
- identify hazards, and assess and control risks; and
- contribute to participative and consultative procedures for the management of OHS.
About the FacilitatorDaniel Hickey is our trainer dedicated to Occupational Health and Safety. Daniel has over twenty (20) years experience in hospitality management working across Australia in five star hotels and resorts as well as clubs and pubs. Daniel specialises in compliance and occupational health and safety consulting and training.