Responsible Management of Licensed Venues
Your OLGR approved RMLV course includes:
- Queensland government approved RMLV certificate
- Free government approved RSA certificate
- Delicious lunch included both days
- Qualified trainer with real industry experience
- Networking with other licensees and approved managers
RMLV stands for Responsible Management of Licensed Venues. RMLV training is mandatory for all licensees, nominees and applicants for an approved manager’s licence in Queensland. You need an RMLV certificate to become an approved manager in Queensland. RMLV training was developed to reduce the negative impact of poor management practices on the community.
The Responsible Management of Licensed Venues course it specifically designed with a management focus. The course not only provides details of the law and liquor licence requirements, it also includes a range of management strategies to assist operators in the responsible conduct of their business.
During the Club Training Australia OLGR approved Responsible Management of Licensed Venues (RMLV) two-day course you can also expect to:
- Learn your responsibilities under the Liquor Act 1992.
- Learn a range of management strategies to assist in the responsible operation of a licensed venue
- Learn how to use risk management and self-audit processes for the continued safe and responsible operation of your business.
- Receive an RSA Certificate
- Receive a RMLV certificate (suitable for approved managers in Queensland)
Liquor approved manager
A liquor approved manager is the person in control of the licensed premises or premises to which a permit relates. In the conduct of business on the premises, the approved manager is responsible for ensuring that:
- liquor is supplied or possessed on the premises only in accordance with the authority conferred by the licence or permit
- for an adult entertainment permit – the conduct of entertainment under the permit is in accordance with the Liquor Act 1992 and the conditions of the permit.
More information regarding liquor approved managers is available on the Approved managers for licensed venues page of the OLGR website.
Who is eligible to apply and what supporting documentation is required for my application?
An approval for an approved manager can only be granted to an individual over the age of 18 years and holds a current:
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training certificate (OLGR approved course)
- Responsible Management of Licensed Venues (RMLV) training certificate (OLGR approved course)
Note: this approval cannot be granted to a licensee.
Mandatory responsible management of licensed venues training
What is the Responsible Management of Licensed Venues (RMLV) course?
The Responsible Management of Licensed Venues (RMLV) course is a mandatory requirement for licensees (if individuals) and approved managers. RMLV training may also be required for permit holders under certain circumstances. The Club Training Australia RMLV course is approved by the OLGR.
How long is the RMLV training course?
The course is conducted over two days and takes approximately ten (10) study hours.
Who can conduct the RMLV training?
Like ‘Responsible Service of Alcohol’ (RSA) training, the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) has approved certain trainers to deliver the RMLV course. Club Training Australia is an approved RMLV trainer by the OLGR.
How is the RMLV course delivered?
The RMLV course is delivered by a Club Training Australia by the following delivery methods:
- ‘In-person’ — the course is delivered in a classroom or one-on-one environment (delivered over two days).
- ‘Video conferencing’ — the course is delivered using online video conferencing tools (delivered by arrangement with an approved trainer and must be completed within seven consecutive days from commencement).
Unlike RSA training, there is no option for the RMLV course to be conducted online.
Can I do a combined RSA and RMLV course?
Yes! The Club Training Australia RMLV course satisfies the requirements for both RSA and RMLV.
Upon successfully completing the combined course, you will be issued with the following:
- one OLGR-approved Responsible service of alcohol training course certificate, and
- one OLGR-approved RMLV licensee’s course certificate.
How long is the RMLV certificate valid?
The RMLV licensee’s course certificate will remain current for a period of three years. The holder of the certificate must ensure they renew their training before the current certificate expires.
What are the certificates needed to be an approved manager?
Licensees (or permit holders) must ensure all approved managers maintain currency of the following certificates:
- a current RMLV ‘Licensee’s Course certificate’ issued by an approved trainer, and
- a current RSA training course certificate issued by an approved trainer. Learn more about the RSA certification here.
Both certificates are valid for three years and it is the responsibility of both the holder of the certificate and the licensee to ensure approved managers working at the premises are in possession of current certificates.
What are the RMLV requirements for community-based licensed premises?
The Licensee (or permit holder) is not required to have completed RMLV training where the service or supply of alcohol is provided only by volunteers for the following licence types:
- community club licence
- community other licence
- community liquor permit
- restricted liquor permit
For these licence and permit types where the service or supply of liquor is provided only by volunteers, the licensee/permit holder must take reasonable steps to ensure there is a person with current RSA training to supervise the other volunteers. An approved manager need not be present if the service or supply of alcohol is provided only by volunteers.
Each student will receive 2 certificates upon successful completion:
1. Queensland OLGR Approved RMLV Certificate
A Responsible Management of Licensed Venues Training Course Certificate approved by the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) Queensland. The RMLV licensee’s course certificate will remain current for a period of three years. The ‘Responsible Management of Licensed Venues’ (RMLV) course is a mandatory requirement for licensees (if individuals) and approved managers.
2. Queensland OLGR Approved RSA Certificate
A Responsible Service of Alcohol Training Course Certificate approved by the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) Queensland. Please note: this certificate is mandatory for working on a licensed premises in Queensland.
Confirmation of Booking
- Course payment must be received at the time of booking or at least seven (7) days prior to course.
- If you are booking into a class to be held within seven (7) days, payment must be received within 24 hours of booking and cannot be made on the day.
- If payment is not received within the above timelines, your place in the course will be forfeited.
- Participants that do not attend their scheduled course without prior notice will forfeit all payments.
- Bookings received and paid in full at least seven (7) days prior to the course will be eligible for the Hot Price Special.
- If payment is not received or does not clear within this timeframe, the full course fee will be charged.
Withdrawals & Transfers
- You may transfer into another course provided you give written notice at least seven (7) days prior to the course and there is a vacancy in the course you would like to attend.
- The first transfer (7 days before the course) is free of charge. Subsequent transfers incur a Transfer Fee of $100. Payment of fees is required prior to course commencement.
- Course fees cannot be refunded once you transfer your enrolment to another course.
Withdrawals & Refunds
- You may withdraw from a course provided you send a written request for refund at least seven (7) days prior to course commencement accompanied with your receipt or another proof of identity.
- An administration fee of $100 will be withheld from all refunds.
- Refunds will be issued by electronic funds transfer into the nominated bank account payment was made from.
- Refunds will be made within 5 working days of receiving the written request.
Course Cancellation Policy
- Club Training Australia may cancel a class due to insufficient numbers.
- If a training course is cancelled, the enrolled participants will be offered a transfer into another course at no extra charge plus receive a $50 refund/discount.
- If there are no suitable courses available, enrolled participants will be offered a full refund.
Access to Training Records
If you would like access to your training records, please make a written request to the Operations Manager at Club Training Australia via email at email@example.com.
Club Training Australia may provide a reprint of your certificate at a cost of $30.00 per copy.
Incompletion of training course
If you are unable to attend day 1 due to illness or emergency, a transfer will be offered to the student. No refunds will be issued. Day 1 must be completed prior to attending day 2.
If you attend day 1 of a training course but cannot attend day 2 due to illness or emergency, you can request a transfer into day 2 of another course at no additional cost. No refund will be issued for partial non-completion of a course.
All materials, study aid, forms and associated information that course participants encounter in their dealings with Club Training Australia remain the property of Club Training Australia.