SITHGAM006A update your RSG certificate to Queensland
The Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) online bridging course is for persons who are wishing to work in Queensland and currently hold the nationally recognised SITHGAM006A Provide Responsible Gambling Services certification.
The Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) online bridging course is approved by the Queensland Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR).
What you will learn from this course
- Understand the nature of gambling activities in Queensland
- Understand the importance of creating a physical gambling environment which promotes responsible gambling
- Interact with customers and the community
- Provide responsible gambling information to customers
- Provide accurate player information to patrons
- Understand the nature of gambling activities and problem gambling
- Communicate with the appropriate personnel on gambling-related incidents and situations
- Assist patrons with exclusion procedures at the venue
- Understand the importance of maintaining customer respect and privacy
In Australia each state has its own legislation governing gaming. This online course meets the requirements of the Queensland Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR). This course also meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide responsible gambling services, and information to customers who require assistance with their problem gambling.
The Club Training Australia Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) online course contains the following elements:
Element 1 – Provide responsible service of gambling.
- Follow responsible gambling service procedures according to relevant state and territory legislation and industry and enterprise policy or codes of conduct.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel on gambling-related incidents or situations and compliance with legislation and industry and enterprise policy.
- Maintain accurate records of gambling-related incidents and associated staff action, according to industry and enterprise policy and procedures.
- Ensure gambling environmental features support responsible gambling policies.
Element 2 – Provide information and assistance to customers about problem gambling
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on problem gambling to customers on request.
- Follow procedures for self-exclusion and exclusion requests according to legislation, industry and enterprise policy and confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Display signage and information related to responsible gambling in appropriate places visible to players, according to industry, enterprise and legislative requirements.
- Provide information on available support services according to confidentiality and privacy requirements, and industry, enterprise and legislative requirements.
Is the online Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) training course accepted in all Australian states and territories?
Licensing laws are different in each state and territory; not all states accept online training. The Club Training Australia Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) online training course meets the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework and is a nationally recognised unit. This online training course is OLGR Approved and accepted in Queensland only.
How long will it take to complete my course?
Allow approximately three (3) to four (4) hours to complete your RSG online training course.
How much does the course cost?
The RSG online training course is $45 which includes phone and email support from our qualified trainers and assessors.
How long do I have to complete my online course?
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your RSG online training course.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
What type of certificates will I receive when I finish my online RSG training course?
You will receive two certificates:
- A Responsible Service of Gaming Course Certificate approved by the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) Queensland.
- A nationally recognised SITHGAM006A Provide Responsible Gambling Services Statement of Attainment.
How long before I receive my certificates?
As soon as you successfully complete your Final Assessment, you can generate your OLGR RSG training course certificate and Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment. So no messy emails getting lost in your spam filter. Download and print your certificates and start working immediately.
Each student will receive 2 certificates upon successful completion:
1. Queensland OLGR Approved Training Course Certificate
A Responsible Service of Gambling Course Certificate approved by the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) Queensland.
2. Nationally Recognised Training
This course provides a nationally recognised SITHGAM006A Provide Responsible Gambling Services Statement of Attainment. The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
of Gambling Bridging
Start training online today for only
What you need to get started
- A current certificate or statement of attainment for the unit SITHGAM006A Provide Responsible Gambling Services (no older than 3 years old from issue date)
- A unique email address not previously used by another student
- Your date of birth
- Your full legal name