Required under the Responsible Gambling Code of Practice
This unit expands on the skills and knowledge learned in the unit SITHGAM006A Provide Responsible Gambling Services to assist venues and gaming staff meet the legislative requirements when working for or operating a gambling venue in Queensland. This unit is appropriate for managers, supervisors and gaming staff who act in the role of Customer Liaison Officer.
The Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) online training course details the steps, protocols and procedures that need to be implemented to ensure a community commitment to Responsible Gambling is achieved. The program covers your obligations under the Gaming Machine Act, Gaming Machine Regulation as well as the Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice.
What you will learn from this course
- Provide the appropriate information to assist customers with gambling related problems
- Support staff in providing assistance to those customers
- Provide responsible gambling exclusion procedure
The Queensland Responsible Gambling Code of Practice requires that gambling venues appoint a person to perform the role of Customer Liaison Officer (CLO).
A CLO performs three (3) important functions:
- Provide the appropriate information to assist customers with gambling related problems.
- Support staff in providing assistance to those customers.
- Provide responsible gambling exclusion procedures.
This online training course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to achieve good responsible gambling objectives within a range of service industry operations. These objectives include:
- Providing an effective mechanism for people who are experiencing harm from gambling to avoid opportunities to gamble.
- Assisting in strengthening existing legislation to prevent the potential for harm to arise from gambling in Queensland.
- Assisting in providing greater uniformity on exclusions across gambling acts and improve the operational viability of existing exclusion provisions.
The Club Training Australia Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) online training course will help gambling venue staff and managers who have been appointed to a customer liaison role learn how to:-
- Receive all comment or feedback from staff regarding patrons gambling activities or requests.
- Actively assist patrons who directly approach for assistance.
- Actively assist third party members who approach for assistance in relation to a family member or friend.
- Actively assist and receive direction from gaming support and/or counselling services.
- Actively assist patrons in providing information on self-exclusions.
- Maintain all relevant forms and registers pertaining to exclusions.
- Provide information to relevant staff regarding patrons who are excluded from venue.
- Ensure the venue complies with legislation regarding problem gambling.
- Ensure information is provided to patrons regarding counselling services, odds on winning and any other relevant information and signage.
- Provide assistance to staff with gambling-related problems.
How long will it take to complete my course?
Allow approximately three (3) to four (4) hours to complete your Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) online training course.
Are there any prerequisites for the Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) online training course?
Whilst not mandatory, we recommend that students first complete the unit SITHGAM006A Provide Responsible Gambling Services.
How much does the course cost?
The Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) online training course is $45 which includes access to the Club Training Australia Learning Management System for six (6) weeks, support from our qualified trainers and assessors, and a training course certificate upon successful completion.
How long do I have to complete my online course?
From the time of enrolment, you have six (6) weeks to complete your Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) online training course.
English is my second language, will I have difficulties understanding the learning materials?
Our qualified trainers and assessors have years of experience helping students from all over the world. Sometimes just having something explained over the phone makes the difference. Phone our Helpdesk on 1800 653 266 or (07) 3878 8977.
What type of certificates will I receive when I finish my online Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) training course?
On successful completion, each student will receive a Statement of Completion issued by Club Training Australia (Registered Training Organisation 31607).
How long before I receive my certificate?
As soon as you successfully complete your Final Assessment, you can download your Statement of Completion. So no messy emails getting lost in your spam filter. Download and print your certificate.
Customer Liaison Officer training is recommended by leading club industry body ClubsQLD. Visit the ClubsQLD website for further information.
Customer Liaison Officer training is recommended by leading industry body ClubsQLD. Visit the ClubsQLD website for further information.
Customer Liaison Officer
Start training online today for only
What you need to get started
- A unique email address not previously used by another student
- Your date of birth
- Your full legal name